Friday, October 13, 2006

Sweet Potato Pie

I brought this to Canadian Thanksgiving Potluck #2, and ate the leftovers for breakfast the next two days. Even Branden, a sworn sweet potato and pumpkin pie dis-liker, liked it.

1 pie crust
1.25 c mashed cooked sweet potatoes
1 T margarine, at room temperature
.5 c soft tofu
1 c soy milk
1 c brown sugar
1 t vanilla extract
1 t cinnamon
.5 t salt
.25 t ground ginger
.25 t ground nutmeg
.25 t ground cloves
Pecans

Pre-heat oven to 350F.
Puree sweet potatoes, margarine, tofu, and soymilk in a blender until completely smooth.
Pour into a mixing bowl, add remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
Pour into pie shell, bake for 50 minutes.
Refrigerate over night, or until firm.
Decorate with pecans.

1 comment:

Aquila said...

I liked this pie, but thought that it was too sweet for my taste. I wanted a stronger sweet potato flavour. So for American Thanksgiving, I made this recipe with an extra cup of mashed sweet potatoes (for a total of 2 cups), reduced the brown sugar to 3/4 cup, added 1 T molasses, and threw in 1/4 t allspice (just for fun). It was great, and I thought the texture was even better.