Sunday, October 01, 2006

Apple-pecan muffins


I ended up with a bag of leftover apples from my field trip to Jasper, so I made these muffins to use up some apples. I brought them into school to share, and everyone loved them. I don't think they realized they were eating whole wheat vegan muffins. I am so sneaky.

  • 1 1/3 c. whole wheat flour
  • 1 c. quick cooking oats
  • 1/2 c. brown sugar
  • 1 T. baking powder
  • 1 1/2 t. ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 c. soy milk
  • 5 T. margarine, melted
  • 1/4 c. maple syrup
  • 1/4 c. unsweetened applesauce
  • 1 c. diced, peeled apples
  • 1/4 c. chopped pecans
Pre-heat oven to 400. Combine dry ingredients. Mix wet ingredients together. Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients, stirring just until moist (don't over mix too much!). Stir in the apples and pecans. Put in muffin cups and bake for 20-25 minutes. This makes about 12-15 muffins.

No comments: