Monday, December 11, 2006

Pineapple-Coconut Sherbet

This is very simple and very good. I didn't put any oil in this recipe, but you could try adding some for extra creaminess. I also think it would be good with pineapple chunks, but I haven't tried that yet. The flavour will vary a bit depending on which brand of juice and soy milk you use, so I'm afraid you may have to eat a lot of sherbet to find the perfect combination :)

1 1/3 c pineapple-coconut juice (I used Happy Planet, but R.W. Knudsen and Santa Cruz make good versions too)
2/3 c soy milk
1/3-1/2 c sugar, depending on sweetness of juice

Whisk juice and sugar together.
Freeze according to your ice cream maker's directions until just starting to become solid.
Stir in soy milk.
Freeze until it reaches the desired consistency.

No comments: